REGISTRATION & CHARACTERS
- Register your character's full name, first middle last, in all proper case, such as 'Remus John Lupin’.
- If you need to edit your character's name, you may do so in the control panel or by PMing a staff member.
- We accept both originals and canon characters.
- Our application is a freestyle application, so feel free to do whatever you want with it. Just give us enough to understand your character's history and personality.
- Please remember that not everyone has a tragic backstory.
- Also, please avoid writing over generalizations into your application. Not everyone thinks your character is beautiful, or hates your character, or is mean to your character. Try using phrases like "s/he felt as though everyone..." or "many people..." in order to combat this.
- If you want to change something in the future, after an application has been accepted, you MUST message an administrator.
- We have no official limit on canons or major canons, but we ask that members not play more than two related canons. Please note, we as staff will be strict about applications for any major canons*.
- There is an initial character cap of FIVE characters, though this amount increases with member activity. More details on this can be found in the Posting & Plotting section of the rules.
- There are also no gender or age ratios for your characters, but if we find one particular group is growing wildly out of control we reserve the right to place a freeze on the creation of certain characters.
- Special abilities do exist on this site. However, unless a special ability is noted for a character in the canon list, these abilities must be earned through the site’s point system and they are permitted at the staff’s discretion. In other words, just because you have enough points for a special ability does not mean you will automatically be approved.
- When creating a character for a want ad or that is part of an existing family, you must check in with the member that created the ad or that have characters in that family. This is to prevent a new character from drastically altering another member's history. Staff will check with anybody who might be affected to make sure they've approved of this new character before we accept any applications.
- Once your application is accepted your character will be placed in an Approved group. From there you must complete the following tasks in order to get your character sorted into their proper user group:
- Create a plot page - it doesn’t have to be heavily detailed or coded just yet, but there should be a place for other members to get in touch with you
- Fill out all required information in the mini profile
- Submit all of the claims for your new character
POSTING & PLOTTING
- We are a no word count site, so you may rapid fire or write novels as you like. Please be conscious of what your writing partner is giving you, however, and if possible discuss it beforehand.
- We are an advanced board. Be conscious of your grammar and spelling.
- Please keep in mind that some people have sensitive plots that are set in stone and they may not want to participate in your plot because of the drastic alterations it might have on their set plot lines. Talk to each other to make sure that everyone is comfortable with plots.
- Here at WYPF, we prefer at least one post per week but only require one post per month. Activity checks will take place at the end of each month and we will require proof of at least one post by each character within that calendar month.
- If a character does not pass the activity check, they will be placed on inactive and the member will have to PM an admin in order to get them active again.
- If a character is inactive for a second month, they will be placed in the archive. In most cases, the member will be allowed to reapply for the character, but approval will be at the admins’ discretion.
- In order for a member to gain an increase in total characters, two things need to happen: (01) every existing character must have at least 25 total posts and (02) all of a member's characters must pass the monthly activity check. Each time all of these requirements is met, the member’s cap will increase by one.
- Please note: The Staff has the right to deny a character cap increase based on member activity and behavior.
- If you miss an activity check, all of your characters will be placed on inactive until you PM an administrator.
- If real life gets in the way, as it often does, please post an away notice! If you cannot get an away notice up, let a staff member know what's going on so we don't delete your characters!
- Please note: lack of muse is not a reason to put up an away message and will not protect you from activity checks.
- The biggest thing we ask is to keep in mind that guests visiting the site can see and use the cbox. Please don't say anything that might deter a person from joining, even in jest.
- Please keep character plotting outside of the chatbox. A good rule to go by is that if not everyone can participate in the conversation, don't have it in the chatbox.
- Be welcoming to all members and don't ignore anyone who has popped in.
- Do not complain about lack of muse in the cbox, while we can all relate this is just not the space for it.
- No spamming. If you have a site you want to advertise, there's a place to do that. Feel free to link to plot pages, applications, or want ads for characters, but do not link other sites.
- Complying to JCINK's terms, members must be of at least 13 years of age.
- Any and all topics that can be considered inappropriate for those under the age of 18 must have an [M] in the title so they can be avoided by sensitive parties.
- Anything threads dealing with sensitive, potentially triggering information should be marked as [TW] for trigger warning to prevent anyone from stumbling across something that might affect them.
- For more information on either of these warning labels please click here.
- No harassment or bullying. If you don't get along with someone, leave that business off the site. Please bring any issues to the attention of an admin - we can act as a mediator and try to solve whatever issues arise.
- Do not bring up sensitive topics that may upset others such as politics or religion.
- Follow the golden rule of life: treat others the way you want to be treated. WYPF is meant to be a friendly environment for any and all who want to join. Be respectful to all.
- Stealing is not tolerated. While most think this only has to do with people's writings, it also includes graphics, coding, and even plot ideas. Give credit where credit is due and do NOT pass anything that is not yours off as your own. This rule is taken very seriously and any violation may result in a report to the major resources sites and a permanent ban from WYPF.
- If you have any questions as to what may violate this rule, do not hesitate to pm a staff member - they will be happy to help.
* Major canons are at administrator discretion and include all but not only the following canon names: Avery, Bones, Borgin, Burke, Creevy, Dursley, Finch-Fletchley, Finnigan, Goyle, Greyback, Krum, Longbottom, Lupin, Malfoy, Potter, Scamander, Shacklebot, Weasley, Wood, Zabini. Also, note that administrators will take a tougher stance with the acceptance of any characters that fall into these families due to their important nature to the board and board plot.
Admins reserve the right to change any rules without notice to their members. We also have a final say in any and all issues regarding the site. Now, with all of this finally over with, let's get your characters up and ready to RP.